If you don’t want other users on Snapchat to view your account story on Snapchat or content, you have to make your account private, The privacy settings and media feature can be enabled easily.
If you don’t want friends to see your stories, there is a quick add or receive option in Snapchat’s private tip. Automatically, to see your private video snaps request will be made, or unless you add them as a friend. Some faqs will be answered about the social media app.
Why Make Snapchat Private
When your account is private, only people who you’ve approved as followers can view your story and post or send you snaps. It’s also worth noting that making your account private will also prevent your snaps from being Texted to followers who aren’t on Snapchat application.
What Is a Private Story on Snapchat Stories?
A private story on Snapchat is a story that is only visible to the user who created it and the people who they have select to view it. Private stories expire after 24 hours.
To create a private story, the user takes a photo or videos and then adds it to their story. The content of the private story is only visible in the last 24 hours section of the user’s account.
How to Select or Add People to Private Story?
- Select the “Snapchat” app from your device.
- Tap on the “Stories” section at the bottom of the screen.
- To add people to your story, simply select the “View My Story” option.
- Tap on the “Hide” button in the top-right corner.
Now, you can select who you want to add to your story and then tap on the “Block” button in the bottom-left corner.
Why Won’t Snapchat Let me Make a Story Private?
It’s possible that the app is experiencing some technical difficulties and isn’t functioning properly. If this is the case, you can try restarting the app or contacting Snapchat customer support for help.
How to Change Who Can View My Story on Snapchat?
1. Open the Snapchat app and go to your story.
2. Click on the icon in the top right corner (it looks like a gear).
3. Select “Who Can View My Story.”
4. By default, anyone who follows you on Snapchat can view your story. To change this, click on “Only Me” or “Custom.”
5. If you select “Custom,” you can add and remove people who can view your story by clicking on their names.
6. When you’re finished, click “Done” in the top right corner of the screen.
For more information, check out this article: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-change-who-can-view-your-story-on-snapchat
How to Find Out If Someone Removed You From Their Private Story on Snapchat?
If you want to find out if someone removed you from their private story on Snapchat, you can check the user’s story on Snapchat. If you are no longer able to view the story, it means that the user has either deleted or blocked you.
How to Make Your Snapchat Account Private
To make your Snapchat private,
- Go to your profile page and tap “Settings.”
- Then, go to the “Who Can…” tab and select “View My Story.” You will get three choices: Everyone, Friends Only, or Custom.
- Select Friends Only to ensure that only your friends can view your story.
Ignore the error notification you get while texting. You are few steps next to your private story, and away from sharing personal and sensitive content on your feed. This guide allows you to use the settings configured to privacy properly.