Technology is advancing with every passing second and minute of the day. Especially with gadgets, and computer-related hardware such as sublimation printers. This is why it is good to get a hang of the best sublimation printers available.
Okay! In case you are wondering what a sublimation printer is, how it is used or how it works. Here goes…
Sublimation is the process of printing pictures, or designs onto specially sized paper, for the purpose of stamping the design on any material such as fabric, or ceramic. It is done with the use of heat.
This process was initially been done by only certain professionals, but it is now being encouraged among regular individuals.
When it was first invented, the world took a whole new toll. Everyone had a sting of creativity in them. You see a design, or a picture on your phone while surfing the internet, and you start to imagine what it would look like if it was on your T-shirt.
That right there is the creative process of an operator using one of the best sublimation printers.
Printing any design on your cap, T-shirt or mug is now achievable and can be done with one of the best sublimation printers available.
What are the features required of any best sublimation printer?
The process of sublimation is not too hard to achieve. In fact, the best sublimation printer operators are known to be beginners. But the only characteristic that differentiates the expert operators from beginners, is the ability to notice the needed features in any best sublimation printer.
You may argue that you are aware of all the necessary features any best sublimation printer should possess. But let me run you through them again, for the sake of the new operators.
Note: Some of the features about to be mentioned, can be affected by some factors like purchasing condition, and the manufacturer, or model of the printer. Nonetheless, any best sublimation printer should have all or most of these;
- Multiple ink colors.
- Multiple printability.
- Automatic two-sided print/scan and fax.
- Digital savvy.
What are the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022?
Although sublimation printing is not a new invention, the use of new technologically best sublimation printers is in vogue. This has caused a surprising rise in the demand for sublimation printers around the world.
Sublimation printing does not just stop at developing the basic knowledge, that you want to print a love quote to your friend on a shirt, or you want to print a motivational word on your mug at the office. It extends to choosing the right sublimation printer for your project.
Since, there are a couple of dozens of usable sublimation printers in the market, with several features like electrical capabilities, printing ability, and technological advancement. Hence, it is very important to select the right sublimation printer out of these 21 best sublimation printers.
Best for producing stunning photo output, for use on other materials.
The Epson Workforce WF-7720 is one of the best sublimation printers out there, with a stunning capability, when it comes to creating quality in photo printing for use on other materials. It is mostly used for projects requiring cutting-edge photo quality.
As much as the printer is good, it is also heavy. It is very capable of printing large-sized formats like 13” x 19”, this is a major reason why its total cubic meter is about 16.5” x 22.3” x 17.8” in height, width, and length respectively.
Regardless of its largeness, the WF-7720 also possesses a strong benefit common amongst the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022, which is its hard plastic body. Its bodyweight and size also allow it to be capable of holding up about 500 sheets of paper at once. It is sold at $830, with a regular rating of 4.5stars.
- It does black printing is done at 8 ppm.
- It does colored printing is done at 6 ppm.
- It provides automated mutual printing scan/copy/print/fax
- It connects to Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
- It is made by Epson Manufacturers.
- It possesses email print, Epson iPrint App, Wi-Fi, and USB print ability.
- It has 4.3” display touchscreen for control.
- It has a maximum resolution of 4800 x 2400 dpi.
- It can print paper of 3.5” x 5” to 13” x 19”, and A4, A6 sizes.
Best for versatility and economically friendly.
Epson EcoTank ET-3760 is a very useful versatile printer. It is labeled by many to be very user-friendly, and budget-friendly. It has a compactible shape and it is also made with very hard plastic, which helps prove its durability.
Although it is one of the many Epson manufactured sublimation printers, it is reliable and a newer version of the 21 best sublimation printers. It is very eco-friendly and very economical, as it usually used for large printing.
Despite its little size and compactness, it is also very functional when printing, it prints very high-quality sheets, with high speed. It has a little box-shaped control LCD panel, with many other control buttons on the right-hand side of the device. It is recently rated at 4.5star, and it is sold at $442.90.
- It is very eeconomical.
- It can easily be refilled with Ink.
- It has comfortable paper trays.
- It is manufactured by Epson.
- It uses Inkjet printing technology.
- It is compatible with laptops and PC’s.
- It has a colored output.
- It prints 3.5″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″,8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, A4, A6, half letter, executive paper sizes.
Best for economical, functionality, and size considerations.
The Epson ET-4760 is one of many Epson manufactured sublimation printers. But it has a rather smaller size, but with the same features and ability that qualifies it to be listed amongst the 21 best sublimation printers.
It has a unique design, with its paper suction side been opposite to the control panel. It few buttons on its panel one for the home prompt, and the other to view the menu list.
In a situation where it is a bit far from reach, the control panel can be swerved forward or backward for a better maneuver angle.
It is sold between $400-$500, with a rating of 5stars.
- It connects to Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Apple, and USB.
- It has a considerable printing cost.
- It has a printing speed of over 15ppm.
- It weighs about 15.9 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 9.1 by 14.8 by 13.7 Inches.
- It has a 2.3 color control screen.
- It has four different individual ink bottles.
Best for regular wide paper sublimation printing.
Formally called the Epson Expression Photo HD XP 15000, this printer is one of the widest printers amongst the best sublimation printers. It is one of the many sublimation printers made by Epson manufacturers, but it is in no way alike with the other Epson printers. Because of its wide shape.
This printer also possesses hard plastic, utilized for best sublimation printers, and it confirms its durability over a long period of time. It has an LCD control screen of 2.4 inches, with compatible navigation buttons.
It also allows the operator mechanical access through its top lid to the ink cartridges. It has a standard 4star rating on websites like U-buy, with a price of $390.
- It has a tilting viewing ability on the control panel.
- It is capable of printing wide paper sizes.
- It can produce prints up to 13inches, with more than 5 color.
- It prints any paper standard and high quality in less than 8mins.
- It weighs about 18.6lb.
- It has a dimension of 18.7″ x 30.9″ x 16.2″.
- It has a media resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi.
- It can print paper with sizes; 3.5″ x 5″ to 13” x 19”, A4, A6, and Executive sheets.
Best for office large printing.
The Epson WF-7710 is a very advanced sublimation printer made by the Epson manufacturers. It has been labeled by many users as being perfect for office use. It weighs more than some of its other counterparts in the best sublimation printers.
Regardless of its perfect aesthetics, it has the tough capability as it is capable of holding 250prints at once. It is also very capable of automatic-sided printing, which is to scan/print/fax/copy.
It has a wide touchscreen display control panel, with a series of control buttons at the side. Meanwhile, because of its advancement and demand by the labor force, it is very costly. It is sold at $880, with a 4.7star rating.
- It connects to Wi-Fi, USB, and many other connections.
- It is compatible with many digital devices.
- It prints 18 pages per minute
- It has a print speed of 8.7ppm and 6ppm for black and colored paper respectively.
- It weighs about 40pounds.
- It can print papers from size 8.50 x 14 to 13 x 19.
- It has a 4.3inches touch screen panel.
Best for medium or small setups.
In the totality of its design, the Epson Stylus C88+ is a very different type of Epson manufactured sublimation printer. It has a look that presumes it as a future technology. It has a total edge curved shape, and it is very portable to move.
The basic usability it has is that it is presumably made for small businesses. Meanwhile, it prints a lot of paper in a few minutes just like other Epson printers.
During rush hours of printing, it can carry up to 140 papers on the input space. It has a high resolution of 5760 by 1440, and it is sold between $400-$900 with a 4.5star rating.
- It can print 19pages in 60seconds.
- It works with all types of paper materials.
- It is water proof.
- It weighs a little over 25lb.
- It has a dimension of
- It is available in grey and silver colors.
- It has a sound wave level of 42 db.
Best for rigorous sublimation printing.
Unlike the other types of sublimation printers, saw grass printers are specifically built for the purpose of sublimation projects. This printer (Saw Grass SG500) is very straightforward to set up and easy to use, but it utilizes old printer technology. It doesn’t focus on the new technology utilized on printers.
It has a simple LED control panel, with some buttons and a few indicator lights. Its exactness makes it very easy to edit, and maneuver should incase any mistake occurs during printing. It has an access Ink point at the front of the device, and a plate cap for its Ethernet and USB ports.
One of its benefits is that it gives the operator the ability to affect or edit the process while printing, should incase the paper jams. On websites like the coastal business, it is sold at $574, with a 5star rating.
- It has a high printing ability.
- It is very economical to use.
- It has both Ethernet option, and Wi-Fi options.
- It weighs 35.2 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 21.65 x 14.17 x 9.84 inches.
- It has a maximum resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- It has a media size of 215 x 355mm.
Best quality for photograph prints.
When your only aim is to print a photograph for sublimation, the Virtuoso VJ 628 is the only best choice you have. Apart from photographic images, this device also prints fine arts and signs. It has a high-definition image history. It is very advanced and can connect to any device from mobile phones to pc and a computer. It uses all forms of network connection; Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.
It has a photo resolution of about 1400 by 1400 dpi. It has a unique design, and it is easily movable and very rigid. It weighs over 60pounds and has a lifetime support system when purchased from the right source.
- It has a wide dual print range of 25”.
- It has a built-in sheet cutter.
- It comes with a complete Set of Inks when purchased form the right source.
- It as an average of 12months warranty.
- It works well with creative studio online designer.
- It is only compatible with Microsoft OS.
- It weighs up to 79 pounds.
- It has a maximum resolution of 1400 x 1400 dpi.
- It has a maximum print size of about 25”.
9. Artison 1430
Best for expensive super prints.
The Artison 1430 is one of the few printers in the list of the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022 that prints very wide sheets. Although the Artison 1430 is an old design, its specificity makes it the most suitable for sublimation printing.
The photos printed by this device have the same amount of quality as a regular fashioned professional studio. It can print up to 13 by 19-inch photographs, making it a very usable machine for planning events, and then it has a maximum printability of 30 by 42 inches.
It is very compatible with any smartphone, laptop, or computer and it connects with a Wi-Fi network. It is sold at an average price of $2300, with a 4star rating.
- It is capable of producing quality, and large sized print outs.
- It uses high definition Claria ink.
- It produces fade-resistant sheets.
- It has wide enough trays for CDs/DVDs.
- It has replaceable cartridges.
- It can print as large as 13 x 19 inches.
- It uses 6 high-definition cartridges.
- It connects through Wi-Fi.
- It has a quality of 5760 by 1440 dpi.
- It installs software from CD, and DVD.
- It provides an easy user manual panel.
Best for size consideration and high quality.
Amongst all the best sublimation printers of 2022, the Canon Selphy CP1300 is the most compatible, with the same quality as other larger counterparts. It can be easily moved around both in long-distance and short-distance movement.
It doesn’t have an easy pickable shape, but it is a printer that suits travel options. Despite the size, it is capable of printing standard-quality pictures. It can be controlled from its 3.2inch tilting LCD panel. It also has some aligned buttons at the first quarter of the total top perimeter.
Like other best sublimation printers, it is made with hard plastic and this makes it rigid enough for rigorous activities. For its small size, it is sold at $160 dollars with a rating of 4.5star.
- It is portable and very easy to move.
- It takes about 60s to print 4 by 6 photo card.
- It supports Bluetooth connection.
- It weighs a little over 1.5lb.
- It has a dimension of 7.1″ (W) x 5.4″ (D) x 2.5″ (H).
- It can connect to Hi-Speed USB, SD card, and Wi-Fi.
- It can print papers of 4.0″ x 6.0″, 3.5″ x 4.7″, 2.1″ x 3.4″, and 2.1″ x 2.1″ sizes.
Canon Pixma Pro-200
Best for borderless printing.
When it comes to borderless sublimation printing, the Canon Pixma Pro-200 is the best out there. When printing, this device removes the dye print effect and makes the printing extra suitable.
This is a very lightweight machine and it is very easy to set up. Its design is made in such a way that it makes the job easier when printing for an art gallery. They were usually too big and uneasy around the places they are placed. But their recent models and design now look smaller and more compact.
It is also made with hard plastic and it has a built-in paper roll effect that makes it easy to carry out wallpaper or banner printing of different types. It has a control panel that displays some information about the paper alignment and the print types.
The device uses a 4800 by 2400 dpi, and it is sold at $599 with a wonderful full 5star rating.
- It has premium quality printout.
- It is very efficient for borderless formats.
- It is very economical, sales effective.
- It has an upgraded processor and navigation panel.
- It is made by Canon manufacturer.
- It has a colored output.
- It has a compatible and sublimation ink point.
- It connects to Ethernet, Wi-Fi and USB.
- It is compatible with ssmartphone, PCS, laptops, and Tabs
- It can print on glossy photo papers.
Xerox Phaser 3260/D1
Best for considerations on weight, and printing ability.
A uniquely perfect device, yet with very lightweight. The Xerox Phaser 3260 is the best bet amongst the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022, when it comes to considerations on lightweight, with the same printing ability as the rest of the pack.
It is the most considerable for beginners, children or very old people, because of its noise. It makes little to no noise while printing. Its weight also supplements its movement. Meaning it can be easily moved from one place to another.
This device has a perfectly squared shape, with curved longitudinal edges, and a wide opening at the top to reveal the output of the print paper.
It is sold between $200-$290, with a rating of 4stars.
- It uses Wireless connection.
- It makes little to no sound when working.
- It can contain up to 250 sheets at once.
- It is very compact in its design.
- It perfectly prints monochrome documents.
- It has a maximum paper size print of 8.5 by 14.
- It has an automatic document feeder.
Best for power considerations and affordability.
The Brother MFC-J995DW is one of two major Brother printers that make the list of the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022. It is known for its economical usage and its easy maintenance with ample power.
This printer also has a very rigid body compartment and a wide scanner plate which is about 8.5″ x 11″. It has its control panel at the forefront, with a maximum resolution of printing set at 1200 DPI.
On many sales website, it is sold at $291, with a rating of 4.5star. It is also known as the Investment Tank. Because of its pricing and printing ability.
- It can print up to 13 pages per minute.
- It has good color reproduction.
- It has a compactible shape.
- It connects to Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Apple, and USB.
- It weighs 18.1lb.
- It has a dimension of 17.0” x 13.3″ x 7.6″.
- It has a 2.6inches screen display.
- It can print papers of several types like envelops, A3, A4, A5, A6, and letter sized papers.
Best for less software installation before use.
The Brother manufacturing company is known for creating sophisticated business class sublimation printers, that can be used to printers multiple times. The uniqueness of this particular device (The Brother MFC-L3710CW) is that it can be put to work at ease with lesser software packages than its regular counterparts, in the list of 21 best sublimation printers in 2021.
It is mostly used by offices in an academic environments, shipping areas, career extensions, licensing, and printing shops. Just like other sublimation printers, it allows for easy carriage of internal paper absorption, with over 200 papers at once.
It is controlled with a 3.7inch technological touchscreen display panel. Also, it is very compatible with many other devices such as laptops pc, and computers. It is sold at over $400 and has a rating of 5star.
- It can be easily reinked.
- It has a modern navigational touchscreen.
- It is bbudget-friendly, and easy to use.
- It connects through wireless connection.
- It works with Alexa technology.
- It has a colored printing technology.
- It connects easily with Wi-Fi.
- It is compatible with Laptops/ PC.
- It is mostly rrecommended office or home use.
- It has a 3.7-inch colored touchscreen.
Best for intentional operators.
The HiTi P525L is the best option for intentional customers. Because it is the first printer to use RFID technology. Hence, if you are an operator with the intention of using such a historical printer, you should consider this device.
Even with its rich history, it still qualifies largely for the best sublimation printers that could be used in 2022. Because it also carries the ability of other printers that are very much in vogue.
It weighs a little bit over 30 pounds, hence it is well built and compact shaped. It has an LCD screen that displays the ongoing printing process, and a few buttons to assist the operator.
- It works perfectly with windows.
- It has a high printing quality.
- It is affordable.
- It has high printing speed.
- It has an official Wi-Fi key to easily connect to phones.
- It is a two-time paper flanged and two times paper adapter device.
- It has 300 by 300 dpi.
- It can print on different paper.
HP Office Jet Pro 9025
Best for mid-range sublimation printing and more regular printing.
When your aim is to print fewer sublimation papers and more regular papers. Then the HP Office Jet Pro 9025 is your best bet. It has every quality that qualifies it as one of the best sublimation printers of 2022.
It is very spontaneous and has an access point mode for editing the ink cartridges front the front. The lid also allows for maneuverability during paper hook situations. It has a 2.7-inch touchscreen panel. It prints colored sheets at 20ppm and black and white documents at 24ppm.
On websites like Amazon and many other sales websites, it is rated with 4.5stars and sold at $329.
- It has an understandable operating system.
- It connects to Wi-Fi and USB.
- It has a tray paper carrying ability of more than 500 sheets on the output.
- It weighs about 30.5lbs.
- It has a dimension of 12.5” x 17.2” x 15.6”.
- It utilizes Inkjet printing technology.
- It has a resolution of 600 by 600 dpi.
Hp Colour Laser Jet Pro M479FDW
Best for multifunctional use.
This is one of the numerous standard Hp printers made for sublimation printing. The HP Color Laserjet M479FDW is a very functional printer. It is mostly used by offices requiring regular printing. It could print different papers, in different modes, for several hours with the same efficiency.
It has complicated automation, which makes it very easy to twitch its settings for probable future use. It works directly with a single print command, from any nearby computer. It uses high-speed printing, and its easily carries over 300 papers at once.
It has very compact shape and is also made with hard plastic like the other best sublimation printers of 2022.
It also has a futuristic voice assistant reply which helps make the control system easier. The touchscreen also displays easy access to the control of the printing process, before, and after printing. On websites like Amazon, it is sold between $699-$900, with a 4.6star rating.
- It has a standard cartridge.
- It connects through Wireless, and Ethernet.
- It has a futuristic touch screen panel.
- It prints at hhigh-speed.
- It is very easy to use.
- It is manufactured by the ecstatic HP brand.
- It uses lazer printing technology.
- It connects to USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi.
- It can print paper ssize of eenvelopes, Letters, etc.
- It uses colored output.
- It has a print speed of 28 ppm.
Best sublimation printer for beginners.
As we all know, Mitsubishi is not the best brand when it comes to aesthetics. But for the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022. This Mitsubishi Cp-9550DW makes the list with an awesome look at its super fast speed, and a very revolutionary system of operation.
This device can print up to four different print sizes, with thermal heat management. It has a semi-transparent lid at the bottom, which indicates its output point.
It can print on high glossy photo paper. It has a rating of 4stars and it is sold for over $179.
- It has 32mb memory capacity.
- It is superfast printing speed.
- It has intuitive control color ability.
- It weighs a little over 15lbs.
- It has a maximum media size of 3.5 by 5.0.
- It has a 16bit processor.
- It has a resolution of 340dpi.
Best for considerations on heat transfer.
This device is known as the Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S. It is mostly known for its heat transferability. Just like the other printers from the same manufacturer (Mitsubishi), it also aligns with the technology that qualifies it durable to be amongst the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022.
It has a very unique ability, which is that it gives the operator the ability of printing in two different qualities, which makes the printing quality remain the same even while in sleeping mode.
It works in high resolution and power consumption mode. It is sold on Amazon at $299, and it has a rating of 4stars.
- It has two print formats.
- It has very high resolution.
- It is a compact device.
- It has easy usability; Good for beginners.
- It has a resolution of 300 by 300 dpi.
- It prints perfectly on plain paper.
- It has a maximum print size of 4 by 6, and 6 by 8.
Olympus P-11 Premium 4×6
Best for printing 4″ x 6″ or 3.5″ x 5″ photo-lab-quality.
Unlike all of the other best sublimation printers of 2022. This printer (Olympus P-11) is specifically designed for printing 4″ x 6″ or 3.5″ x 5″ photo-lab-quality sheets. It does this in less than 1 minute.
This printer produces well-sophisticated sheets with less inaccurate, and less faded quality. This is due to the design of the printer, which is that; it utilizes the impact of heat, thereby creating sharp images, with little to no defects.
It is small shaped and weighs less than 20pounds, with a hard plastic body part which makes it also very durable. The Olympus P-11 has a smaller rating compared to the other 21 best sublimation printers in 2022. But this is due to its specificity to a particular size. It is sold at less than $150, with a 3star rating.
- It is very fast when printing.
- It is easy to use.
- It uses USB connection to Windows.
- It has a low per print cost.
- It has exceptional photo-accuracy.
- Compact 7.3 x 7.1-inch footprint, fits anywhere
- It supports PC, and camera.
- It prints sheet sizes of 4 by 6 inches and 3.5 inches by 5 inches.
- It has a colored output.
Best for high speed, and price-friendly consideration.
This is a device that is known specifically for its super speed and despite that, it is also known for its high affordability price.
The DNP DS-RX1HS is very unique and very small sized. It weighs a little over 15pounds, but still delivers a substantial print quality to be considered as one the best sublimation printers of 2022.
Its speed is standard, but it is also very dependent on the type of resolution you are aiming to print; meaning, the slower the pace the higher the resolution, and vice versa. It does 500 prints per roll.
If you want a small-sized printer, with accurate print speed, and average print quality. For the amount of quality, it gives at such a small movable size, it is okay to say that it has an affordable price at $600 and with a rating of 4.8 star.
- It has a less expensive hardware costs.
- It has a unique speed.
- It can be set to high resolution mode.
- It has two catch trays.
- It uses cheap inks in printing.
- It uses USB connection.
- It prints paper sizes of 4 by 6 inches and 6 by 8 inches.
- It prints glossy photo papers.
- It has a known resolution of 300 by 600 DP1.
Best Sublimation Printer- FAQ
For such an important device, it will take very important to ask the necessary questions before or after using it, especially this list of 21 best sublimation printers in 2022.
What is the best sublimation printer ever?
After reading this whole article on the 21 best sublimation printers in 2022. It should be clear that there is no perfect sublimation printer. Technology is still evolving, and so are these printers. You can only get a suitable printer for your project choice.
How to know if a sublimation printer is good for a project?
It is not enough to read reviews about products but to also take note of the specificity of each product. The best way to know if a sublimation printer is the best for your project is by checking the boxes or; the type of quality of print you need, the size you need, the urgency of the work, the location where it is to be used, etc.
Is there any warranty for sublimation printers?
Depending on where you buy them from, sublimation printers usually come with enough usability warranty, that allows you to test run it after purchase for a long time. Its warranty time is based on the manufacturer, capacity, and purchase point. It can be from 6months to 3 years.
What are the best sublimation inks?
They are many inks out there, that could be used for sublimation printing. It ranges from pigmentation stats to manufacturer design solutions, and general solubility.
But regardless of all of these, the best ink to use for any sublimation printing is any printing ink that will obey the laws of heat transfer and change easily into gas. Thereby causing an imprint on the final print material.
When is the right time to use the printed material after printing?
There is no exactness to the time that you should wait before using the printed material. But most times it is advisable to check the ink indication usage sheet to see the stats of the appropriate drying time of the ink.
Sublimation printing is one of the most trending tasks in this present generation, and this trend is surprisingly pulling the technological wave of designs, and devices into suiting customers’ needs. It has led to the design of such marvelous components like these 21 best sublimation printers in 2022.
It is very rampant amongst most young individuals in educational setups for printing academic texts, and artworks. Also, it is used by a large number of labor market standards with enough yearly print measures. In addition, all the present best sublimation printers are unique in their make. But they all use either Laser technology or Inkjet technology.
Nevertheless, in due time these 21 best sublimation printers will be advanced and renewed in new forms, and better-advanced design. Get yourself one today, and print your required desired.