The best beat making software saves you the trouble of getting professional beat making gear before you’re ready, all you need to make use of this software is your computer, headphones, or a studio monitor, even a built-in speaker would work.
What are some of the best beats making software of 2022?
When it comes to the best beat making software, you have a whole lot of options to choose from, depending on the different types of software out there and the kind of beat you want to make; there’s a software for everyone online, and there’s also the kind that would fit experts more, and the one’s that are just right for beginners.
FL Studio 20
Beat maker software formerly known as fruity loop
Imagine-line FL studio 20 is known to be one of the most popular and best beats making software out there, it has been used by a lot of well-known people and it could be used by both beginners and people who have their way with keyboards and mouses when making beats.
- This best beat making software has all the tools you will require to make the best beats, it has a robust piano roll and step sequencer for MIDI programming, it is available for both Mac and PC users.
- It is completely stocked with a featured mixer that has 10 FX slots per channel, it also has automation control and it has about 103 audio inputs and outputs.
The cost of this best beat making software goes from $99.99 to $899.00, with each plan comes a different set of features all together, so the higher the plan, the higher your chances of getting more impressive features.
Magix music maker
Best beat making software for beginners
Magix music maker has all that you need as a beginner, it is also a great tool for people who would just like to dip their hands in the beat making world just for fun, it also happens to be a great tool for Disc jockeys who don’t want their beats to get too technical.
- It is equipped with modular software which allows you choose the features you want; you also get sound pools and about four to eight instruments, all of this are dependent on the version you decide to use.
- It is an easy software to make use of if you want to make beats in the fastest way possible, it is instantly downloadable and even though it is perfect for beginners, it also has a lot of professional sounds.
It has a free version
Native instruments maschine 2
Best beat making software for electronic music making
Maschine is a great choice for people who want to make electronic based music, it is better than other beat makers in that sense and it will allow you to take your production game to a much higher level than you could even imagine.
- It has a drag and drop feature for the export of audio to WAV or to track out each instrument separately, it also has a very large digital display and an unlimited number of instrument groups, tracks and scenes.
- It offers you complete and practical control of all the software function through hardware controllers, you also have hands on control on automation writing, and you get 25GB worth of sounds as well as 25 pro effects.
This best beat making software starts off at a price tag of $259.00 and it goes all the way down to $649.00.
Dr. Drum digital beat making software
Best affordable online beat making software
Dr. Drum is a good choice for people who have the ultimate beat making experience, it is essentially a good choice for people who are beginner, it’s an even better choice for people who don’t want to spend a lot of money to make beats.
- It has a lot of sounds for people, from drums, bass, melodic instruments, pads and so on. On the plus side, it has a 16-track mixer with a lot of controls as well as other tools. It is affordable and also pretty easy to make use of.
- It has a lot of full tutorial videos for people who are beginners, you can also directly upload beats that you’ve finished to your YouTube, this makes it easier than importing and exporting before uploading.
It costs $29.95 for the standalone plan, other plans cost from $39.95, with additional tools that have extra costs.
Best beat making machine you can use for free
Splice sounds is not only a very popular software, it also has a free trial that allows you to create the best beats online, all you have to do is play around with various sound effects and various drums to produce the beat of your choice, they also have a royalty free sample library for an even wider variety of sounds.
- The great thing about splice sounds is that it allows you to listen to other beats that other producers have made, you could also edit other producers beats as well.
- You could also store your beats on the cloud and you could also make use of splice plugins, other features include its intuitive interface that does not stress you out with the need for an extra set of equipment.
It has a free trial that allows you create beats but there is also a paid plan that costs $7.99 for a monthly subscription.
Best beat making software with a musical typing feature
Soundtrap has one feature that other beat making software probably lack, this feature is the musical typing feature; it allows you to make your beats straight and live from the keyboard of your laptop, it also has a sound library where you can get all the samples and instrument loops you’ll need.
- It has a very intuitive and easy to use interface, this allows usage to be more straightforward for people who don’t have so much experience making use of the software.
- It has the ability o record live instruments, and if you utilize it properly, you could also make use of the free MP3 download option.
The starting price is $9.99 per month.
Gismart beat maker
One of the best beats making software for people on the go
Gismart is a great beat maker for people who are always on the move, it makes use of a grid system to help you create your beat, it is a great software for people who want to learn how to make beats because the interface is not only intuitive but also easy and friendly.
- With this software, you have basic loops and beats that have already been preset; this ensures that you have all that you need to edit to the fullest.
- It has a pretty simple design that makes the entire beat making process easy and you also get a lot of effects to make sure you create the best sounds.
This is a free best beat making software, you get more than enough features without having to pay any prices whatsoever.
Best beat making software for professionals
Intua is another great beat making software, it is very useful for professional producers that need a studio with everything they need, all on their phone or tablet. It is a great software that will allow users create tracks that sound just as professional.
- Intua has a lot of features, but one feature it assures users of is the allowance for them to edit both their beats and instrumental sounds, it has a flexibility scene mode that gives vast freedom when it comes to performing live.
- It also has a sound library that is equipped with professionally recorded samples from different genres and with different styles as well. It has MIDI capability and it also has a fully functional mixer to give you the best tuned mix.
The price is $24.99 and it is regarded as a one-off purchase, this is fair based on all the high-tech professional features it has.
Fast and simple best beat making software
The one thing Serato studio prides itself on is being simple and very fast to make use, this software has premade drum patters and some other features that ensure the fastest workflow for users. It is a great choice for DJs, it ensures that they enjoy a quick and easy way to record all their ideas in the fastest possible time and with as much reliability as possible.
- This software makes room for VST plugins, AU plugins, automation and also stem exporting, all of these tools are there to make sure you’re able to create the best sound.
- You could also get regular updates with this software, asides from that, you also get free sound pack downloads and a scene track that allow you to have a clear song arrangement.
It has an annual monthly subscription that costs $9.99, this is a pretty affordable and fair price considering the number of features you’d get.
ROLI beatmaker kit
The Best beat making software for your fingertips
ROLI is simply one unique beat making software, it doesn’t require you to make use of a mouse or keyboard when creating beats, you could easily make use of your hands and fingertips when creating beats or editing sound effects.
- It is a wireless touch responsive light pad; this is why it allows users to make use of their hands during the beat making process. It also allows you connect effortlessly and wirelessly to your computer.
- It is customizable, it allows you customize the way your interface looks on the light pad and it is also compatible with a range of software as well as popular DAWs, it also allows you to create your beats on the move with your tablet or computer.
ROLI beatmaker is priced a 279.95 Euro, the subscription comes with added benefits like a 6-month subscription to melodics.
OrDrumBox is one of the best software for beat making because it focuses on auto composition, this means that it has the ability to compose baselines, melodic patterns and it can also complete songs, it is a complete package for people who want to create the best kinds of beat in the quickest time possible, and it doesn’t hurt that it is free as well.
- It has a grid system that is a very simple drum machine, it is fully equipped with different sounds and if you need more sounds, you could easily download loops and samples from their website.
- It also has a feature that allows you to sync different tracks together, the really quick sync is based on the rhythm and tempo of the tracks, this feature is referred to as an automatic track matching capability feature.
Software for every kind of beatmaker
GarageBand is one of the best beat making software because it fits the bill for almost everyone, whether you’re a beginner, a professional or even an average beat maker, it has a lot of features and it is an incredibly intuitive software.
- It has what is referred to as ‘smart instruments’ this consists of loops, samples and even real instrument recording capabilities, this is a great combination for beginners because they can ultimately make music without any difficulties.
- It has a grid interface that allows users to create the best and most complex drum beats, all they have to do is click or tap on a few buttons, and they have a full on masterpiece.
GarageBand offers so much features without a price tag.
Best beat making software for windows, IOS, Linux
LMMS is another free beat making software, it has everything a beat maker would need to make the most professional beats, it has been designed for musicians by musicians, so there will surely be essential features that every musician could make use of.
- This software allows producers to do everything they need to do with their beats in one place, they can mix, compose, and automate all their songs in the best way possible.
- It has musical typing; a free DAW and it also has an editorial piano roll that is perfect for fine tuning music.
Apple logic pro
Best beat making software with a ton of features
Apple logic pro is a great option for creating the best beats, it is a software that works for apple only and it comes at an affordable price and it has so many features that will work greatly when it comes to making the best beats.
- It has a library with all the best instruments, this gives you the freedom to create the kind of music you want, it has a virtual drum plug in that makes use of an AI algorithm to create a virtual drummer that fits the kind of music you make.
- It has so many great features which includes the user-friendly interface, asides the virtual instruments you get to have, you also get an amazing selection of loops and samples that are royalty free.
Free beat making software with MIDI pattern generator
Waveform makes it to the best beat making software list because it offers a lot of great features at no cost at all, it is great for every kind of beat maker including professionals, it has no restrictions whatsoever and the interface is also pretty great as it is streamlined.
- It has a vector-based interface that is clean, and is simply designed, it also allows cross platform development as well as easy customization.
- The great thing about this software is that new features come out every once in a while, one feature that stands out is the MIDI tool that turns the QWERTY keyboard of producers into musical ones.
Best beat making software compatible with all devices
MuseScore is just another beat making software that stands out in a lot of ways, it has a user interface that isn’t only easy to use, it is also aesthetically pleasing. Asides that, it rounds up a number of features that will definitely be useful to all the music producers that are making use of its service.
- This beat making software happens to be compatible with almost all devices, unlike some software that are quite choosy, it could work with Windows, Linux, macOS, iPadOS, iOS, and Android.
- The other features you will enjoy includes the fact that you can export music sheets to formats like PNG and OGG, you can also make use of the software to record and edit, and then you could download your work in different formats.
You could make use of the free version and still get the best out of this best beat making software, however, there is also the pro version which costs $49.
Offers a simple UI with a lot of functionality
One thing you can rely on when it comes to this drumflow is the functionality it brings to the table, this best beat making software may not have a top-notch user interface but it still does well in bringing musical beats to life.
- It has an in-built editor that works mainly for the drum setup, it also happens to have adjustments readily available for the tone and pitch of your work.
- You can make use of it on your windows or your Mac OS.
This software has a free version as well as a paid plan for $35
Hammerhead Rhythm station
Offers users a guide to beat making
Hammerhead is another best beat making software that works incredibly well for different kinds of producers, it is even better for people that are new to the world of beat making as it provides a bullet proof guide on their journey to becoming pros.
- The main features of this beat making software includes; WAV import, In-built drum synths, polyrhythms and polymeters support and so many other features that work hand in hand to provide the ultimate experience.
- The software is available for windows users and it also has MIDI support, as well as the ability to run as an AUv3 plugin.
This software is free and this is another reason why it is one of the best beat making software you can find on the market.
Best beat making software for beginners that offers instructional videos
Sonic producer may not be one of the top dogs when it comes to all the best beating making software there is out there, but it still happens to bag a lot of features that makes it a great candidate for people who have to decide what beat making software to go for.
- This software has a lot of tools that will definitely come in handy, they all work super well and they include; a 4-octave keyboard,12 customizable drum pads, a 16-channel mixer and a whole lot of sounds to select from.
- With this software, you can directly upload your beats on Facebook and you also have the option to save your beats online so that you could finish them later.
This software could be used for the price of $34.99, this price offers you basic level beat making which isn’t so bad.
Standalone beat making software for music lovers everywhere
BTV solo is just another best beat making software that offers the best features and the best beats to music lovers, it allows users to create beats, they could even customize songs that are already in existence and they have a lot of room to make edits.
- This software offers a host of editing tools, it has drum kits, sound effects, mixers that are inbuilt and most especially, a user interface that is straightforward enough for producers to have the best workflow.
- It also has a drag and drop feature for easy navigation, it has MIDI keyboard support, it has an in-built sequencer and it is also very customizable.
This software goes for $10; this is a fair price based on all the features it has to offer.
Ableton live 11
Best beat making software for EDM producers
Ableton live is one of the best beat making software out there because it is a perfect software for people that are into creating EDM: it has electronics drums, synth plugins and other musical instruments that will be helpful in creating the best EDM music, it is also a great choice for producers who would like to take their arrangement to the stage
The interface allows users to make use of this software easily, it might look a little bit different from other software at first but with time you could get used to the entire system and make beats in the most productive way.
It has a customization feature that will enhance your workflow even better, the feature makes everything more organized, and there’s also a collection panel that has color coded filter folders where you can place your work or sample.
Best beat making software- FAQ
Which beat making software is best for beginners?
There are so many beat making software to choose from for beginners, some of them come with written or visual guides that will help users make the best musical beat the software can create, a beat maker such as Magix muse can cater to the needs of both beginners and pros.
What are the features to look out for when choosing the best beat making software?
There are a lot of things to look out for if you want to make a choice in this regard, you have to decide what type of music you want to make and if the software has all the tools that would make it possible, the virtual instruments you want must be a priority when looking for the best software.
You also have to consider Plug-ins, compatibility, and the overall quality of your records, this will help you gauge the best outcome for all your musical endeavors.
The best beat making software listed above all has different features and even features that are quite similar. At the end of the day, you will have to figure out the best beat making software that goes with your own musical taste.